The Ottawa River Runners Whitewater Club Inc. (ORR) is a non-profit organization located in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Ottawa River Runners Whitewater Club Inc. (ORR) is an organization dedicated to whitewater paddling. We provide an introduction to the sport and ongoing development, with a range of opportunities for paddlers of all ages and abilities to pursue and achieve their personal paddling goals in a safe, supportive, respectful, and responsible environment.
The Ottawa River Runners will be an exemplary whitewater paddling club with a visibility, place and voice for its broad based membership of both recreational and competitive paddlers.
As members of the Ottawa River Runners, we believe:
- in creating an inclusive paddling environment accessible to all that is healthy, safe and fun
- that each member of ORR has a responsibility to maintain operations and activities in an ecologically sound manner
- in promoting leadership and the social value of volunteerism and collaboration
- in the importance of an advocacy role within our community
- that each member has a personal responsibility to demonstrate ethics, respect, sportsmanship, and teamwork that extends into the community
- in encouraging both recreational challenge and competitive excellence
- in promoting physical literacy and excellence in training in an environment that encourages life-long physical activity
- that young paddlers must make a commitment to doing their best in both academic and athletic fields.
President: Doug Corkery
- Roger Colbeck
- Morgan Lirette
- Peter Nor
- Richard van Geilswyk
- Murray Richardson
The ORR has immediate openings for instructors for our Summer Camps and Youth Programs.
Please see this job posting for details of the openings and instructions on how to apply.