If you would like to become a member of the Ottawa River Runners Whitewater Club Inc., please register by clicking the button below. It will re-direct you to Zone4, our on-line registration service company. Manual paper-based registrations are no longer being accepted. Unable to register on-line, please contact the club.
Membership runs from April 1st to March 31st. Regular adult membership is $60 annually. Special rates are available for students, families, and first time members (in conjunction with course registration).
Benefits of membership include the following:
- Membership in Whitewater Ontario
- Yearly newsletter and regular club email updates
- Ability to store a boat at the Pumphouse for an additional annual fee per boat stored.
- Opportunity to meet others who love the outdoors!
- Paddling at a fantastic facility in the heart of the city and supporting its maintenance and development
- Formal and informal coached/instructed paddling opportunities
- Access to club boats and equipment
- Paddling at our winter pool sessions
- Informal river trips
- Insurance coverage at sanctioned ORR events.
Even if you are a member of another local paddling club, we recommend you become a member to take advantage of, and to support, the Pumphouse facility. We also welcome Open Canoeists (OC) to the club and allocate regular scheduled slots for these paddlers at the Pumphouse (see our calendar).
Note that private/group lessons, coached Open Sessions, and Youth Programs all require additional fees in additional to a membership in the club.
ORR puts substantial financial and volunteer resources into maintaining the Pumphouse/Tailrace course. We have a policy that all individuals or companies running courses at the facility, and charging for those courses, remits 10% of their course revenues to the ORR. In addition, it is recommended that course instructors be club members.